Rottin' in Denmark
- There’s this Bjork song, ‘Pluto’,
- Where she sings ‘I’ll be brand new. Brand new tomorrow’.
- I listened to this song a lot last week, jogging through Dhaka in the early mornings.
- Six am, before the horns and the smells and the stares.
- I always go jogging when I travel for work.
- Headphones on, faster than the walkers, slower than the drivers, I feel invisible, apart, a non-participant.
- There’s this book on systems theory, ‘At Home in the Universe’.
- Where it says that any complex structure—an ecosystem, an economy, all the cells in a living body—are more than the sum of their parts.
- No matter how much you know about the laws governing each component, you can never predict how they’ll react if one of them changes.
- Like, we all know how the post office works.
- And that if all the post offices in the country closed forever, we wouldn’t get…
View original post 414 more words